The Society of Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Society of Souls

A Bleach RPG fourm

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Curious Foray

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 7:03 pm

Mai slipped across the room, gliding over the polished wood with a practiced grace. Pale fingers interlocking beneath the wide sleeves of her kimono, she easily slid onto a stool near the bar. She garnered several odd looks, what with her short stature and childish appearance, but most glanced away after spotting her dull eyes. Which suited Mai just fine, because she wasn't sure she really wanted the attention of anyone who frequented such an establishment.

It was a busy bar nonetheless, with a mild buzz of conversation. Too early for there to be any real inebriated people, which was for the best. The barkeep eyed her warily, as if she was going to bite him or something. Slowly setting down the shallow cup he had been wiping, the spirit walked over to her with a dour expression. Settling her hands in her lap, Mai countered him with a demur face of her own.

"Sir, may I please have a cup of Matcha,"
she murmured just loud enough for the man to hear. He looked relieved at her choice, obviously having not wanted to question her age had she asked for an alcoholic beverage. Settling down to wait, Mai held herself perfectly straight while feeling the edges of self-consciousness. This was her first time in a place like this, and she had wanted to see what it would be like. But now Mai regretted not bringing someone familiar with her.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Shinigami, 6th Divison Remnant
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:59 am

With his captains haori, shinigami uniform, and his two zanpakutos, the 6th division captain, Thomas Welbourne, entered the bar. With each of his steps, he made his way closer to the barkeep ready to ask for his drink. Gazing around the area, he found himself looking at one of the academy students, Nayonayo Mai. Grinning, he thought that it was good since now he'd have a bit of company. Walking over to where Nayonayo was sitting and to where the barkeep was working, his grin faded away and an emotionless expression formed on his face. Sitting down on a chair, he motioned for the barkeep to come over. Then as the barkeep gave Nayonayo her drink, he came over to him smiling. He was probably acting like this only because a captain had entered the room. He didn't feel special but instead he felt kind of wierd from getting attention for only being a captain. He honestly believed that everyone should get the same respect... although disrespect wasn't an option if you were infront of him. He still went with the rules and didn't care of his own as long as the soul society agreed with his actions, he was fine with it. Smiling at the barkeep, he looked at him and spoke of the drink that he wanted. Please, I'll have a cup of your finest sake. T

Then as he began to get more comfortable, the barkeep spoke back to him, "Yes, i'll get it right away!". Nodding, the barkeep ran to look for his best sake. Turning to Nayonayo, he tilted his head and spoke to her. Hello Nayonayo, what a coincidence that we came to the same bar, eh? How are you? After he finished speaking, he waited for the academy student to respond to his question. Hoping that this conversation would go well, he wouldn't mind for anyone else to come in. It's always better to drink with others instead of simply drinking by yourself. Setting his zanpakutos against the table, he wished that he had left them back in the seiretei. Even though he would never lose them, it wasn't all that fun to carry them around everywhere with you. Still waiting for a response or some kind of motion from the academy student before him, he turned over to the barkeep who came over to him with a bottle full of sake and a cup. Thanking him, he took the bottle and filled the cup. Taking a sip, he let the tasteful liquid run through his mouth and onto his taste buds. As the sake went down his throat, he let out a calm sigh from the pleasure of getting a good drink.
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:07 pm

OOC - Watersoul-san you've come a long way. ^^

Mai smiled benignly as the barkeep set her cup of tea down in front of her, watching the Captain from beneath thick lashes. He had to be a Captain, judging by the energy that amassed beneath his skin, coating his clothing. He would be the first Captain she had seen, and Mai took the time to look him over carefully.

The Captain's haori shined in her eyes, in particular a crisp six on his back glew, signifying that he was the Captain of the Sixth Division. They controlled internal affairs if Mai's memory was correct, and for a moment she stilled wondering what such a Captain would want with her. But then her eyes drifted down to the two blades and the reiatsu which swirled around them. Zanpakutou. It was strange to see someone with dual blades, and Mai wondered why his had manifested as such. Did it have something to do with his personality? Keeping her unseeing eyes on the swirling energy, she smiled faintly.

She was pulled out of her reverie when the man spoke. Turning delicately to face him, Mai inclined her head just deeply enough to send her dark hair swishing forward. "Taichou," she greeted, not sure what she felt knowing that he knew who she was. Although it was probably inevitable given her Family. "It is perhaps chance that we both chose this place, or mayhaps the fates drew us here to dance for their amusement," she smiled a bit wider, absentmindedly brushing her hair back over her shoulders.

"I am doing well, I enjoy the Academy immensely. The people there are most interesting," she flexed the muscles in her right hand discreetly, a hint of sheepishness coloring her words to the Captain. That spar with Asuka-san had certainly shown her about the interesting-ness of Academy students.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:51 am

ooc: you've yet to see all i can do! Here is a link to some of my best O.o, i think you can guess who i am by the name >> lol http://soulpurify.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=542

While drinking the sake, he raised an eyebrow as Nayonayo studied his appearance. It wasn't all that unusual though most people didn't take the time to examine him. They usually saw his haori and said something like, "Hello Captain! It is nice to meet you!" with a bow. Having never gotten really used to it, Thomas tried to keep away from as many social gatherings as he could. Unless it was with other captains and his squad, he normally felt wierd when people he hadn't ever seen before walk up to him and pronounce his name with enthusiasm. Turnign over to the academy student that sat next to him, she used words that involved fate and amusment. Although being called Taichou just brought him back to his squad. From being called such a name, he was rarely called by his name or even his last. Thomas then thought that if he didn't have a mouthful of sake, he would've said that it was what fate brought us that brings out the amusement. Then as the sake went down his throat, he set the cup down considering the fact that it was empty. As he refilled his drink, he tilted his head to the left and looked over at Nayonayo. Nayonayo, Its very good that you enjoy the Academy. I'm guessing you have made many friends, eh?

ooc: and sorry for the short post, its early and i'm still have asleep....
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:12 am

OOC - Hehe, 'tis fine Watersoul-san. A short honorifics lesson, it is considered more respectful to the Japanese to use a title instead of a name. In other words, "Captain" is more respectful than "Captain Welbourne".

Mai inclined her head decorously, "Thank you for your consideration Taichou, I have indeed made some friends." Mai smiled lightly, thinking of Asuka-san. Perhaps her words were a little misleading, as she had only really met one student at the Academy, but the sentiment was the same.

Hands curling around the shallow cup within which her tea rested, Mai felt her fingers grow warmer. The tea was probably hot enough to sent steam curling up into the air. As if to test that theory, she ran a finger over the air above the cup, pulling it away damp with condensation. While she couldn't see the steam, Mai could certainly smell the strident aroma of her tea, and she took a small sip. Rolling the hot liquid across her tongue to cool it down as well as to better taste it.

Turning her attention back to the Captain sitting next to her, Mai waited unassumingly. He was her superior, so it would be unseemly for her to try and chatter or whatnot. Answering his questions was respectful, but anything more may seem like she had forgotten her manners. And Mai most certainly had not.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm

ooc: sorry, short post >>

As Nayonayo stopped talking, she began to drink instead of continued their conversation. Wondering why she would act that way, Thomas simply picked up the cup and sipped some more sake. Smiling, he really did love this drink. Turning to Nayonayo, he raised an eyebrow and wondered why she acted to serious. Almost forgetting he was a captain, he smiled a smile that would make everyone... smile. Usually being the understanding and happy captain, it was kind of hard to act any different. Enjoying the fact that he could make people happy by simply acknowledying them, being a captain helped him so. Smelling the armoa from Nayonayo's tea, he almost wanted a taste for himself. Completely forgetting that thought as he sipped some more sake, he calmly sighed and tilted his head torwards the academy student. Nayonayo, don't act this way, not talking will only keep the conversation dead and silent! So, have you been training your skills with Kidou and your zanpakuto?

Eagerly waiting for an answer, he liked to talk about such things. To compare your skills and to help others by teaching was always something Thomas never really hated. He may have hated work but he gladly accepted being able to work with other people. Maybe he was just a learned that learned with others instead of those who learn better by themselves. Which may also be a lie. He had learned many things by himself, including the way of the shinigami. Many times during his life he had been stranded alone in his world trying to get better and better. Having finished his cup, he grabbed the bottle and tryed to pour some more in. Finding out that it was empty, he held the bottle up and lightly shaked it. Barkeep? Can i have a refill please? Then as the barkeep took the bottle and began to refill it, he turned back to Nayonyo waiting for some kind of motion that would show that he was being answered from his earlier question.
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 pm

Mai nodded solemnly. If the Captain asked her to speak, then it would be impolite to refuse. Linking her fingers together in her lap, she mused over his questions before replying. "Haihai Taichou. I have been training, although lately mostly through spars," she intoned dutifully. "At the moment the curriculum at the Academy doesn't include Zanpakutou," she informed him airily, "I'm not sure why, but I think it has something to do with us not having enough skill until we become seated Shinigami."

She frowned slightly at that, a wistful turn to her face. It was too bad really, she mused, glancing down at the Captain's own zanpakutou which still glowed brightly in her eyes. She was looking forward to getting her own zanpakutou, and forming the bond between sword and spirit. It was sort of like finding your other half, and she had been surprised to see that it wasn't part of the Academy. After all, it was a major part of coming into ones self and your true power.

Shrugging those morose thoughts off, Mai smiled cheerily up at the Captain, her eyes arching into happy crescents. "So what brings you here anyway Taichou?" she asked curiously. Since he had given her permission to speak so frankly with him, she suddenly found herself with several questions.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:33 pm

ooc: sorry for the terribly short post, i have to go somewhere >.>

Listening to Nayonayo, he fully agreed with her. Most academy students probably wanted to get the zanpakuto as fast as they could. Considering that the shinigami's main power is through the air zanpakuto, it was amazing that they didn't decide to do so. As Nayonayo smiled back at him, he felt as if she hadn't exactly noticed his other smile. Raising an eyebrow, he remembered what he had heard of the Mai Family. Being asked why he was here was actually pretty simple. Yawning, he held up the half full cup of sake and grinned. Its for this of course. Having finished my duties for the day, i found myself in need of a good drink. Which brings me to the same question. Why are you here Nayonayo? Wondering why she was here, he looked back at teh cup of sake and quickly drinked it. Smiling, he held up the bottle and began to refill the cup. It was also kind of amazing that he wasn't even the littlest bit drunk. He rarely was drunk and that was because he had drunk too many.
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:10 pm

Mai blushed faintly, pink staining her pale cheeks. "Well, that is..." she hedged sheepishly, "I wanted to see what a place like this was like. Since I had only heard of such a thing through words alone." Mai lowered her gaze, her fingers rising to draw designs in the condensation that created a moist layer on top of the table.

In all reality, she probably shouldn't have come to such an establishment. A bar wasn't exactly the most appropriate place for someone of her stature to be seen in. Especially since she had only just gotten her Otousama's permission to venture out into seireitei. But she had been curious, and base things like bars had drawn her curiosity like a moth to a flame. Because even when such things were explained to her, she had up till now led a sheltered life and could not imagine them.

She hunched her shoulders slightly, waiting for the reprimand that she was sure was coming. After all, the Captain would surely disapprove of her actions just as much as anyone else would.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:35 pm

Learning that Nayonayo came here only to find out what it was like was quite interesting. He didn't know she usually lead a shelted life so it was quite amusing that she didn't come here much. Although when he looked at her, he noticed that she looked more of a person that didn't hang around in bars and more like little shops that sell drinks. As he finished pouring the sake, he set the bottle down and lifted the cup up to his lips. Slowly drinking the whole cup, he once again let the new and warm liquid flow across his taste buds and continue on to down his throat. Setting the cup down, he was enjoying this little conversation. Not only was he able to have some fine sake but he had someone to talk to. Much better than lonely nights drinking by yourself in the corner of the bar in a booth. As fun as that may sound, its not all that fun at all. Looking at the academy student that sat beside him, he couldn't help but to wonder if Nayonayo thought she was about to get yelled out for coming to such a place. He honestly didn't know why she was acting this way. If he had not liked or dissaproved of what Nayonayo did, he would have surely said something at the beginning. Tilting his head to side, he got a bit more comfortable and leaned against the table, along with that, his captains haori had began to continously tap the grand from the way he was moving.

Getting kind of annoyed, he straightened his haori and turned back to Nayonayo. Nayonayo, that seems allright for you to do. With your experience in the academy, i'm sure you wouldn't get messed with out here. Besides, i doubt anyone would pick on someone your size and if they did, i'm sure you'd have something in store for them!!! Starting to laugh, he refilled his cup and drank some more sake. Wondering when he'd get drunk this night, he also wondered if he had enough money to pay for all of it. Peaking down at his pocket, he found out that he had enough money for only 3 more bottles of sake. With only that little amount of alcohol, he get barely drunk.... well.... he'd get... some drunk. Chuckling to himself, he rested his feet on a small little bar that was meant for smaller people to put their feet. Not exactly caring, he just felt that it was more comfortable that way. Once again waiting for a response from Nayonayo, he turned over to her and calmly waited. He had no need to rush anyone at the moment and doing that would only cause chaos since everyone would just "have" to know. It was almost on a need to know basis for everyone he was around because of his rank. Along with the high forms of respect and having authority over many, he was treated too well. He thought that others should focus their time on something of more importance like training and working better, not sucking up to a captain... although he did find it .... just a little amusing.
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 pm

Mai straightened slowly, eying the Captain openly. "Anou... Okay Taichou," she said softly, hesitantly. And then she smiled. People out here were so strange, and it was amusing to interact with them because she wasn't used to their manners. Asuka-san had been surprising because he was so stubborn. This Captain though, was surprising in his frank and amenable manner. She wasn't used to people speaking so freely, especially considering that he was a Captain. The rank alone seemed to demand a certain manner of comportment.

These sort of interactions were amusing in that it was almost like walking on thin ice. She had no idea what to expect, or how to react, to these different sorts of personalities. If she stepped wrong, surely she could give the wrong impression which would lead back to her Family. But the exhilarating rush of learning about others made the risk entirely worth it.

Besides. She sort of liked open people, they were much less confusing. "Taichou, are you still thirsty?" she questioned naively, wondering how he could still want to keep drinking after consuming so much. Fiddling with her own tea, Mai hadn't even drunk half of it and yet she was no longer thirsty, wondering with awe at the Captain's intake.
Back to top Go down
Thomas Welbourne
Thomas Welbourne

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:16 pm

Looking at the sake, he wondered why so many drinked it non stop. Was it because it was tasteful, it makes you happy, it's just a good drink. Was it because it was so popular that people simply continued on drinking it and drinking it whenever they wish? Or was there a more logical reason to why the thousands of people that he had seen enter bars or walk around just to get sake. No, Thomas thought it was because they enjoyed the drink. Besides, who doesn't like sake? Turning torwards Nayonayo, he wondered why she was acting in that way. Was it because she was confused on his answer to the why she had come here in the first place? Raising an eyebrow, he also found it quite suprising that he had so many questions in his head at the moment. He never really thought of himself to be confused but the many questions that had clouded his head was starting to cloud his own reaction the same questions. Perhaps it was the sake. Well, usually it was the sake. Without knowing it, his mood usually changed when he drank the alcoholic drink. He could be happy and or just more understanding while he could tense up and act more sternly with his movements.

Possibly it was just a slow beggening to how much he usually drank out in bars. Although he tended to drink quite a lot in bars, from taking that first step into the air with the aroma of the countless drinks that kept beggers begg'in for more outside. Well, the most obvious reason to why beggers begged outside is because of the addiction that grew in them from drinking so much. Not having an addiction, he could go off without sake for quite a long time. He just liked to drink it and his unusual constant thirst kept him drinking. Which brought him to why he was drinking so much now. As Nayonayo had earlier mention, she asked if he was still thirsty. More or less, that was just a hint since she probably wanted to ask why he liked to drink so much. Refilling the cup, he lifted it up into the air and smiled torwards Nayonayo. Of course I'm still thirsty! Why wouldn't i be? With such a good drink around there isn't time to not be thirsty! Laughing, his calm expression began to brighten up as he tried to lighten up the mood.
Back to top Go down
Nayonayo Mai

Nayonayo Mai

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Mai nodded slowly, trying to look like his answer made sense to her. That was rather strange. Lots of things tasted good, but eventually you stopped craving them. If you ate too much you got full, and if you drank too much you were no longer thirsty.

Perhaps it was a Captain thing? That was certainly likely, because the stronger the spirit the more said person had to eat. Perhaps Captain's just were really thirsty? Although that would be annoying, it was amazing Captain's weren't all in bad moods all the time if that was true. Mai certainly knew that if she was hungry all the time her temper would be rather short.

"Etou, okay Taichou," she unconsciously mimicked her earlier reply before falling silent. It wasn't a bad silence, she merely couldn't think of anything to say after that particular conversation. Swinging her feet lightly, Mai took a sip of her swiftly cooling tea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Curious Foray Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Curious Foray   A Curious Foray Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Curious Foray
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Society of Souls :: Free Area :: The Silvered Blade Bar-
Jump to: